- All riders MUST be a member of Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) Inc
- Yearly membership must be valid and recorded against your Race Entry form
- MTBA day license is available to buy at each event for $25.00 and provides you insurance cover for the entire event, including practice
- Registration is required before you are allowed to practice and use transport
- Inside Line Inc Mountain Bike Club (ILMTB) and MTBA membership forms are available at the registration desk, in front of the caravan
- Late registration is available at each event, on the day but online registration prior is recommended to avoid late fee.
Clothing and Equipment
All registered riders for race weekend must have the following:
- Must have 2 working brakes
- Bar plugs/ends on handlebars
- An Australian Standards, full face helmet with non detachable mouthpiece.
- ILMTB recommends covered elbows and hands (3/4 or full length jersey or elbow pads) Covered elbows and hands (ie. wear gloves) are now mandatory for U/17 and below.
- ILMTB recommends covered knees (3/4 or full length pants, or knee pads) Covered knees are now mandatory for U/17 and below.
- All riders must wear fully enclosed shoes
- Body armour, goggles and neck braces are strongly recommended
- NO singlets allowed
General Racing Rules
- Race plates must be displayed on the handlebars of the bicycle. Altering, cutting or placing of unauthorised sponsors’ logos is not permitted
- If you lose your plate, or it is lost or damaged, a replacement will need to be obtained from the registration caravan
- Race plates must be displayed on practice day and race day. Each race event will have a different coloured dot for the round, and this MUST be affixed to your race plate. If you do not have your plate, or correct coloured dot, you will NOT be allowed on transport or to race
- Transport (shuttles) to be used, is that supplied by the club. You are not to use any transport other than the official transport supplied by the ILMTB for the official downhill practice or race day
- Do not use offensive or abusive language during the race, act in any anti-sporting manner, be disrespectful to the event volunteers/officials or ignore the race regulations
- You are not permitted to shortcut the course. If you do not follow the official route you will be disqualified
- Riders are not permitted to alter the course in any way without first consulting with race officials. This includes moving rocks, logs, tape or other natural obstacles
- Riders must act in a sporting manner at all times, and when it is safe to do so, permit any faster rider to overtake without deliberately obstructing them
- If you do not finish (DNF) the race, you must notify the timing station or closest course marshall. This ensures that all competitors are accounted for
- STRICTLY NO DRUGS. THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY SPORT
- Markers and bunting indicates the route to be followed, showing changes in the course, intersections, and all potentially dangerous situations
- Markers will be placed at frequent intervals along the course, to confirm to the rider that he/she is following the correct course
- ILMTB is run by VOLUNTEERS. They DON’T get paid. Volunteer to help, it's your club. DON'T ALWAYS LEAVE IT TO OTHERS